Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Yeah












First  let me tell a little more about my concept and philosophy for my shop. I love unique one-of-a-kind pieces. It does not matter if it is furniture or pillows or upholstery. My goal is to recycle old things into new and unique treasures. I love furniture and fabric. This is not new, I can tell from blogland that many feel as I do. My family has always had to be ready at anytime to stop and get, even in rush hour traffic, or on an interstate, or in the middle of the night. Once on my way to work I was late and as I was leaving my neighborhood I spotted a nice club chair. I could not stop so I called my mom with in a few minutes she was on her way, it was after all trash day, that's why the chair was there.  In 30 minutes she called and said I've got it, and boy was it heavy. When I got home that evening and retrieved the chair from her I died laughing. It was so heavy I could barely lift it, and my poor little mom lifted it into a van all by herself. My obsession drives my entire family to dangerous tasks.Well after many years wondering if people would share my style I decided to give it a shot. I took a huge risk opening in a small town like Blairsville, but I did feel that even though it was small and secluded why should people go elsewhere, like Blue Ridge or Hiawassee. This little town deserved business. So far I think I did the right thing. My support has been great. It is totally different from anything around here, most enjoying rusticity at it's best. But there are more than a few who want different choices. Yesterday my daughter Madison and I were working on a beautiful home in Atlanta and took the opportunity to pick up some new items for our shop, they will be included in my future pictures, and I will also include more in the future before and after pics. Thanks and I hope you like this past weeks shots Lolly

No comments:

Post a Comment